Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Building Castles

My daughter loves castles. Ever since her uncle and auntie sent her a Little People castle she loves everything castle. When Mother-In-Law (from here on out MIL) brought her pink megablocks for Christmas it helped her love of castles to flourish. And when we took her to her first birthday party (not counting when she was a baby) and it just happened to be a princess theme with castles everywhere and of course a pink castle bounce house...well, that just solidified her love for castles. Every day this little girl is building castles out of anything. Today, she built a castle out of her collection of play donuts. She cried when the cat knocked it down. She loves to build castles out of the rocks that make up our front yard. Oh, yeah, most of El Paso doesn't have grass in their front lawns...they have rocks.

So the other day we were all playing outside while my husband was putting new wheels on the car. I decided to pull a bunch of cardboard boxes out of the garage even if it was a little windy. I set them up and immediately my daughter yells, "Isa castle!!" and she crawled right in. She didn't even need me to show her how to stack the rest of them, she went right to work. She had a blast as the wind blew her boxes away and she ran around the yard chasing them down. She also made a choo choo train and a Flyboat (she loves Wonderpets). I wish I had taken pictures. Though, I'm sure this won't be the last time she gets to make a castle out of the many cardboard boxes cluttering our garage.

2 comments:

marineof2 said...

LOL! She is so cute! She would have a blast in Lily's castle!

Jammie said...

I know she would! I wish I had gotten one too. But I know Josh would have killed me. LOL