Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Kryptonite

My daughter is cute. I know everyone says this about their toddlers, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not just biased here. Jaycie is stinkin' cute. And she knows her cuteness is my Achilles heel. Like right before bed tonight my dear husband is giving himself a pedicure while sitting on the couch--oh the joys of marriage. While he is filing away at his calloused heel Jaycie decided to play with the lotion. This girl is obsessed with lotion...and water. So she presses the pump and dispenses a small amount into her hand. She realizes if she goes overboard I'll just put up the lotion. She then proceeds to dip her finger into the lotion in her hand and place little dots all over her face letting us know that she's putting on her makeup. When she goes to pump more the following conversation begins...

Me: Jaycie Bree, you know that's enough.
Jaycie (with an adorable smile and slight tilt of the head): Is OK, Mommy, I putting on makeup.
Me: Jaycie, no more lotion.
Jaycie (as she dispenses more lotion): Just one more time!
Me: Jaycie Bree, if you get lotion one more time I'll give you a spank.
Jaycie (as she smiles sweetly and holds up one finger): Just one second, Mama.
Me: JAYCIE! No more lotion! Do you want a spank?
Jaycie (as she covers her butt with her hands): Don't spank my butt, Mommy.
Me: Then no more lotion.
Jaycie (as she dispenses more lotion): OK, Mommy, just one more time.

She has a few key phrases that always put up red flags that she's about to get into trouble. There are two that are my favorite and both involve her putting up one finger. Sometimes she smiles sweetly, other time she puts on her very serious face like she's doing something very important and isn't to be bothered at the time. When Jaycie says, "Just one second!" or "I'll be right back!" you know she's up to something. You see, she knows that if she's cute enough I just might overlook her mischief, and she knows that I absolutely love when she uses her phrases. And if all else fails she pulls out the big guns. She puts on her sad face and goes "You mad at Jaycie? I'm sorry. Don't be mad, Mommy! Be happy with Jaycie!" as she throws her arms around my neck and kisses me. What can I say? Her cuteness is my kryptonite. (Hey, cuteness is in Wikipedia...it counts as a word!)

4 comments:

Steph said...

LOL ... She has your wrapped around her finger Mama! ;) But you're right, she is stinkin' adorable!

Jammie said...

LOL, I don't deny that. Actually last night I thought of the title to my next post..."I Call It Compromise, My Friends Call It Suckered" What do you think? ;)

Steph said...

LMBO! PERFECT! Seriously, compromising with your TWO YEAR OLD? ;) I love you girl, but you totally crack me up.

marineof2 said...

LOL,suckered sounds right ;) She definitely knows how to get her way! ;) I love you anyway!